Thursday, October 16, 2008

Reminiscing of you and, YOU.

All I can ever be to you, Is a darkness that we knew, And this regret I had to get accustomed to, Once it was so right, When we were at our high, Waiting for you in the hotel at night, I knew I hadn't met my match, But every moment we could snatch, I don't know why I got so attached, It's my responsibility, And you don't owe nothing to me, But to walk away I have no capacity .

He walks away, The sun goes down, He takes the day but I'm grown, And in this grey, in this blue shade My tears dry on their own.

I don't understand, Why do I stress A man, When there's so many better things at hand, We could a never had it all, We had to hit a wall, So this is inevitable withdrawal, Even if I stop wanting you, A Perspective pushes thru, I'll be some next man's other woman soon.

I shouldn't play myself again, I should just be my own best friend, Not fuck myself in the head with stupid men.

I wish I could SAY no regrets, And no emotional debts, And as we kiss goodbye the sun sets, So we are history, The shadow covers me, The sky above a blaze that only lovers see.

No comments: